Are you or anyone you know hoping to start a career in software development?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join a growing team of software developers working on an innovative software as a service (SAAS) system.
If you are a school leaver with strong A-level maths skills, have a self-starter attitude and have attended a Udemy Software Developer course or coded your own apps or website projects outside of the classroom, the BSc Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship with Manchester Metropolitan University could be an excellent option for you.
In addition to earing a salary starting at £16,000 pa, your University tuition feeds will be paid over the 4 years of the degree. The Apprenticeship will give you a head start on peers who take the traditional degree route enabling you to put theory into practice on real projects and giving you hands-on experience across the full technology stack from mobile app development, through to databases and everything in between. We are also moving our tech stack to AWS so there will be a chance to work on greenfield microservice projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Developing, maintaining and supporting the Propeller web application and web services.
- Supporting specification and estimation of new software projects
- Developing mobile applications
- Assisting with onboarding new clients
- Analysing and resolving technical and application problems
- Contributing to the refinement of organisational processes & procedures
- Daily meetings with the development team
- Agile development tracking using Asana
Gain experience in:
- C# with ASP.NET in Visual Studio
- SQL Server/authoring fast SQL queries/sprocs
- AWS microservices
- GIT Source Control
- Software architecture principles
Salary £16,000 PA plus tuition paid
For more details about this exciting opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org